18 December 2008

Flourless Chocolate Brownies/ Cookies

I tried these last night...I really wanted brownies, but we didn't have any flour. Instead of cookies, like the recipe was for I made them into brownies by just putting them in a square 8" X 8" pan. I am going to give you the tweaked recipe. The original came from Self Magazine.

Flourless Chocolate Brownie/ Cookies

  • Heat oven to 350 F
  • In a bowl mix 3 Cups confectioners' sugar*, 3/4 C cocoa powder, 4 egg whites and 1Tbsp. vanilla
  • Beat (I used a wooden spoon) until mixture is slightly moist.
  • A. I then poured the batter in a greased 8" X 8" pan and baked it for approx. 20 checking on it frequently since I didn't know when it was going to be done.
  • B. The directions say to then drop teaspoons of the batter on cookie sheets (60 cookies) and bake 15 minutes.


* The only thing I would change about this recipe is to use probably about 1/2 Cup-1 Cup less confectioners' sugar. The brownies definitely taste like confectioners' sugar but still really really yummy!

**If you go the cookie route each cookie only has 55 calories, 3.3g fat, 6.2g carbs, and 1.2g protein

No comments: